I was a girl scout for one year, and a proud girl scout at that. One of my favorite memories was the daddy/daughter date at the activity center in Abilene. I remember roller skating with my dad, eating pizza, and gaining a new patch on my almost naked vest in comparison to the other avid girl scouts. I recently went to the same activity center for a college event, only the same skating rink that held the precious memory of skating with my dad, now had girls gyrating on the floor to classy jams like "lollipop." Anyway, yesterday my dad and I had another daddy/daughter day...minus the cool vest. We went to the national portrait gallery in china town...my favorite museum in DC so far.

This is a Chuck Close painting. So great.

...and I experienced spanish tapas for the first time. Incredible. I may have doubled my weight by the time I left the restaurant, but it's all about the experience...right?




Seeing as my parents have already fallen asleep on the couch, I have a big night ahead of me. Who needs South Padre for spring break when you have this?
1 comment:
What a fun dad/daughter date! Or, DDD! Love you, Skronk!
Post a Comment