Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's That Time Again.

Here is a small re-cap of what my summer consisted of: working as a PCT on a L&D unit, visiting my parents in DC, going to Romania with my church, going to Missouri to be in my friend's wedding, taking a roadtrip to Colorado with two friends, and spending a week in Clovis. I couldn't have asked for a better summer.

I came to the realization that I will never really have a summer again. After this year, I will be a real adult. Say what?! I don't know if I'm ready for that, but I do know that it is only day three into the semester, and I am already counting down til Christmas break. After the sheer agony of last semester, I was dreading coming back to school. Surprisingly, I have better hopes for this year. I think I realized the importance of sleep, and how poorly I manage my time.

This verse in Isaiah really stood out to me "Lord, be gracious to us, we long for you. Be our STRENGTH every morning, our SALVATION in time of distress." I am learning to let the Lord be the strength in my life. He has called me into this profession, and this season of learning and training, and He will be my strength to guide me through. I am realizing that he created me, he knows my heart and knows what I need more than anyone, even myself. He knows what frustrates me, what brings me joy, what I desire, what I find beauty in, and He pursues me. I have no doubt that this will be a great year, before I jump into the "real" world. But as for now, the thirty textbooks that line my bedroom floor are my life.

No comments: